OK, this is a different kind of post than I normally write. Bear with me, as I think it will be useful to many. Of course, I can always state that a writer many times writes what they feel they need. On to the topic at hand…
Lets say you are single and now getting to know a potential spouse better. Before you get too carried away in love, ask yourself the following questions and it could save you a lot of heartache later.
- Are you happy as an individual first, and not looking for a marriage to “save you”?
- Do you have common interests?
- Do you share a common religious faith, ideals and standards?
- Is there a Physical attraction?
- Have you observed how they treat their parents and siblings?
- Do you agree on decisions regarding having children and upbringing of them?
- Do you each bring out the best in each other?
- Are you able to say “I’m sorry, please forgive me.”?
- Have you put their interests first and treated them like a King or Queen?
- How have you handled disagreements?
- What was it that initially attracted you to this person? Have you thought to wonder why? Will this become a problem later?
- How will you support yourselves financially?
Disclaimer and notice: I am not a marriage counselor no expert in this topic by any means. The information contained in this blog post is without warranty, either expressed or implied. Neither the post’s author, nor distributors will be held liable for any damages caused or alleged, resulting directly by or indirectly by this post. No animals were harmed in the writing of this blog post.